1. How long does the entrance queue take?
Due to the large number of visitors you should expect a wait at the entrance. Entering the festival is only possible via the Keizerstraat, where a line is formed to the entrance. Visitors in the line are admitted in groups. The waiting time can be up to 1.5 hours.
2. Is there an entrance fee or do I need to buy a ticket?
No, entrance to the Dickens Festijn is free. Due to the large number of visitors, one should take into account a queue (see question 1).
3. What is the best time to visit the Dickens Festijn?
Both on Saturday and Sunday, the Dickens Festijn takes place from 11:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m. The queue is the longest between 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
4. Are dogs allowed to the festival?
We strongly advise against taking dogs to the festival. Firstly, because of the waiting time, but also because there will be other animals, moving objects and (unexpected) noises in the event area.
5. Where to find information about public transport and where to park?
Travelling by car on the 19th and 20th of December, when you come from the highway ‘A1’, you can follow the signage to an extra, guarded car park with bus transport to the city centre. In the city centre you can park in the ‘Centrumgarage’ (Op de Keizer 1, open 24 hours a day). For more parking garages in the centre, follow the parking route (P signage).
We advise to come to Deventer by public transport. The railway company ‘NS’ arranges for extra and longer trains. It is a three minute walk from the train station to the city centre.
6. Do you need additional visual material or more information about press accreditation?
For additional visual material, making reports or interviews, we kindly request you to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
7. When will the Dickensfest take place in 2021?
In 2021 the Dickensfest will be at the 11th and 12th of December.